Since 2010, The Rockefeller Foundation has been working to address energy poverty. With a commitment of USD 75 million, Rockefeller’ Smart Power for Rural Development Initiative (SPRD) aims to promote sustainable business models that deliver electricity and Spur economic development amongst the underserved rural populations. The implementation of the SPRD program is done through Smart Power India (SPI), a Rockefeller incubated entity and wholly owned subsidiary.
About Smart Power India
Smart Power India (SPI) has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation to implement the Smart Power for Rural Development (SPRD) program. SPI currently works as a key partner to ESCOs, private sector, investors, NGOs and the Indian Government to reach the collective goal of bringing electricity to underserved villages in India.
In light of Indian Government recent push for Power for All by December 2018 through multiple schemes like DDUGJY and ‘Saubhagya’, SPI is looking to leverage the infrastructure created by the Government and evaluate partnership opportunities with the government through franchisee models to enable large scale rural energy access on a sustainable basis. To help support the Indian government’s vision for Power for All, SPI is looking to partner with Indian government to resolve the major bottleneck in rural energy access –the issue of last mile distribution of electricity. SPI will be the driving force behind implementation and will work closely with a range of stakeholders critical to developing an eco-system needed to scale up the market .SPI will carry out four distinct functions.
- Laying out the construct of the Public private partnership models including all the input /output parameters and creating a plug and play financial model.
- Drive PPP pilots, including state and site selection, catalyzing the supply side for public private partnership pilots, including supporting the supply side players in structuring their engagement in terms of financing, business modelling, procurement, training and so on.
- Lead Policy advocacy with state and central governments, navigating legal /regulatory hurdles, aligning incentives between discom, regulators and private players.
Smart Power India is seeking an Executive Assistant based in Gurgaon, India. He/she will be responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, operational support to the CEO. The general duties involve scheduling partner meetings, calendar management, making travel arrangement, taking meeting minutes, generating ad-hoc documents or presentation as required by the CEO and acting as the point of contact between CEO and employee/partners. The position will report to CEO.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Administrative support to the CEO
- Calendar Management: Fully own the daily calendar coordination, plan appointments and events, manage phone calls and emails from the partners/employees.
- Fixing up meetings for CEO with RF/external partners/vendors/Govt. bodies
- Proactively predict when schedules are likely to change and make adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure all participants are fully informed of all changes.
- Re-schedule meetings and travel itineraries at short notice.
- Remind CEO about various appointments/events to ensure attendance
- Have up-to-date calendars to ensure effective daily schedules of the reporting managers
- Travel Management: Make travel arrangements including tickets, stay accommodation, local commuting etc.
- Co-ordinate travel itineraries and administer the timely procurement of visas and other travel documentation
- Provide detailed travel itineraries (as required) and ensuring that relevant business material pertaining to each trip is collated and presented well ahead of time
- Support any mishaps during the travel around ticketing or stays or cab bookings and manage any last minute change in plan by offering alternate options
- Expense reimbursement: Provide expense reimbursement support to the CEOs by collecting his bills and filing claims as per the company norms.
- Organize / Co-ordinate events and meetings: Ensure the events/ leadership meetings are well-organized and conducted
- Events and meeting management in terms of creating list of attendees, sending invites with the agenda, booking of venue, VC arrangements, arranging for refreshments, capturing meeting minutes and disseminating meeting minutes to the participants
- Facilitate all arrangements for RF visits in close coordination with the Manager Admin
- Support the communications team during internal / external events and co-share the coordination and organizing load
- Strategic or operational support: Provide the below support on a regular or ad-hoc basis
- Composing and preparing correspondence on behalf of CEO as an when required and as guided.
- Create/amend PowerPoint presentation decks/reports for partner presentations and/or internal meetings
- Collating reports and documents for weekly and monthly meetings as and when instructed – Coordinate with different teams to ensure deliverable due to the CEO reaches him on time.
- Assist with maintenance of enquiry from various partners, media, vendors – Divert the query to the right person in the firm
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all the stakeholders, internally and externally
- Ensure support to stakeholders when they need time with CEOs.
- Prioritize and edit all incoming communication, compose responses or redirect as appropriate, alert where further action is required and prompt when due
- Maintain sensitivity and confidentiality wherever required and act as a sounding board to the CEO.
- Providing sectorial support to Senior Management.
Education & other required qualifications/experience:
- 6-10 years of Executive Assistant and office administration experience in a business environment
- Strong organizational, communication (both speaking and writing skills), and interpersonal skills coupled with an experience of interacting with senior-level management across cross-cultural settings is a must
- A strong work ethic, (internal/external) customer orientation, focus on processes and results
- Proactive, service oriented, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize projects, while working in a fast-paced environment with shifting deadlines and priorities
- Ability to conceptualize and implement new processes
- Adaptable, flexible with an ability to work independently and proactively resolve issues
- Minimum Graduate. MBA/PGDBM degree or a formal education program in administrative support is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite
- Strongly motivated to drive social impact and improve lives
To know more about the opportunities at Smart Power India, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org